What kids books do not make you want to run away screaming to find a dark corner in which to rock? What do you enjoy reading to your kids? Now remember my kids are roughly 1 and 3 so try to think younger kids, but any kids books you like will do.


Our favorite books are Knuffle Bunny and Knuffle Bunny Too. They share the stories of Trixie and her snuggly -- Knuffle Bunny. In the first book she looses the bunny and in the second she takes her bunny to preschool only to discover that another girl has the exact same bunny. (Oh, the agoney.) The illustrations are fun, but the writting has a tongue in cheak style that makes it enjoyable for us to read, again and again and again. (Well maybe not enjoyable after the 20th time, at least tollerable.) The author, Mo Willems also has a new book out, The Naked Mole Rat who got Dressed, that is killer as well.
2 comments:
Ok-- here we go. Author: David Kirk. Little Miss Spider series. (Very cute and Abbie liked one at our house.) Author: Chris Wormell. Book: George and the dragon. (Not wordy at all. Cute.) Author: Audrey Wood and Bruce Wood. Books: Alphabet adventure and Alphabet Mystery. (Also, I have read one of these to Abbie and she liked it. Very good.) Now, these last two are a little wordy-- but I think that Abbie might be into them really soon. Author: Chris Van Dusen. Book: If I built a car. (I personally like to read this book.) Lastly... Author: Steve Breen. Book: Violet the Pilot. (Also a book that I can read over and over and over...) Hope that these help.
Anything by Todd Parr. His books are all about being yourself. Our favorite is Underwear Do's and Don'ts Colorful, silly, and just plain fun.
Post a Comment