Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Amazing



Yesterday I had to take our car into the shop, and because I knew the shop was right next to a TRAX line I told Abbie we could ride the train while we waited. (Mistake #1 never tell a child something good is going to happen until 30 seconds before it happens, in case it doesn't.) It turned out that I didn't need to leave the car in the shop but I decided to take the train anyway.

We walked strollerless to the train stop ( I didn't want to deal with taking a stroller on and off a train.) only to find out --- TRAX does not take credit cards! I will not get on my newly built soap box on this subject.

Then we walked a block and a half to the 7-11. I bought a yogurt and asked the man for five dollars cash back. He told me after the purchase that he can only do cash back with debit cards. (Maybe I should have known this, but I don't use cash. Ever.) I then bought something else only to be told that my debit card did not have a cash back option. I knew this wasn't true but was beyond arguing. I went to the ATM at the back of the store withdrew $20, returned the block and a half carrying Savannah and trying to get Abbie to walk quickly past the transients to the TRAX stop. There I bought my $2.00 ticket -- received $18 back in Sacajawea dollars.

I can thankfully say, from here on out the trip went fine.

Today Abbie said to me, "Mom, you are amazing......why are you amazing?"

Now you know.

5 comments:

Kelseybob said...

It is comments like that which make the other garbage easier to take!

Allison said...

You are truly amazing :)

Those Sacajawea dollars make great bribes. Not that I've ever used them for that, of course...I'm just sayin'...

The Woolf Pack said...

She is right, you are amazing for going the extra mile. But at least you got to walk away with all those Sacajawea dollars. :)

As for books to read, my kids love the Olivia books & Zie is obsessed with Berenstein Bears books. Dakota is getting into the chapter books, but they both still enjoy anything that rhymes or has great illustrations.

JennyLynn said...

You are amazing! My boys love Curious George books.

delagray said...

What an escapade!
Don't those comments make life worthwhile?
Congratulations to the two of you. You're both amazing.