Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

This morning I got out of the shower at 8:00. Two minutes later the phone rang. "We have a realtor in the neighborhood who would like to come over and look at your property right now, is that okay?" I am grateful for two things. 1 - We had a showing yesterday so the house was still mostly clean. 2 - They were willing to wait 30 minutes. (Update: The people who went through this morning made mean comments about our carpet, which is only a year and a half old. Seriously? People if you want a $300,000 house, you will need to spend at least $280,000 in this market. And that is way more than where we have our house is listed.)

I am very grateful for gracious people.

Anyone have any good solutions when your mind is racing at 2:00 in the morning?

Bicycles and summer are the epitome of happiness in our home.

I cleaned my house yesterday. I cleaned my house this morning. Why is there already a pile of toys downstairs?

All the cousins in the 4th of July neighborhood parade.
Andrew's expression was too good not to post.

My girls didn't throw water balloons. They didn't throw candy either.
They ate  almost the entire bags they were supposed to throw to the kids on the sides.
The pictures really have nothing to do with anything in the post, but I've been wanting to post them for awhile. And for random thoughts, I can post random pictures too, right?

I'm reading The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. It tells a fictional story about the Biblical character of Dinah, Jacob's only daughter in the houseful of boys. The first third of the story is about Rachel, Leah, Bilhah, and Zipah Jacob's wives. The author posits that all four women were sisters which, as you can imagine, only adds to the drama of polygamous life With romance and subsequent birth of thirteen children as part of the story, some might find it risque but at about halfway through, I'm enjoying it.

We have cousins driving into town today and the girls are thrilled!

3 comments:

The Steeds said...

Don't you just love people and there stupid house comments. I sure did. I like your carpet. So there. I loved the pics of the girls and sure miss them. As for Savannah, Carter feels her pain more than he knows. We are in the same boat and I am worried about the future with a new baby and no preschool. Have fun with the cousins! Take care.

Bev Tate said...

any other good books yo've read lately. I'm dying for a good read. Lovely blog by the way. I love catching up with you all. Hope the house sells.

delagray said...

I'm glad that you randomly posted pictures. Thank you.:@)