Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I love the mountains...



One of the number one things I like about where I live is that it takes me fifteen minutes at most to go from urban to mountain wilderness. (And we live on the far side from the mountains.) Nothing, and I mean nothing, improves my mood like going up a canyon and escaping the insanity that life can, on occasion, offer.  With temperatures reaching in the upper 90s this week, and it being the last week of summer before school starts, we decided to make an escape.

We went up to one of our favorite spots and the girls ran wild. Abbie found her secret spot behind the trees and Savannah found a seat between two trees that was perfect for her little bum. Later she discovered she could wade across the stream (sans socks) and spent the last half hour getting soaked  and muddy.  I could have looked at the trees for hours if the girls weren't running from one adventure to another. But instead I painted rocks with them and explored their secret hideouts. It was a good day.

My mom says she can see my dad's blood pressure drop as he drives up the canyon. I think I am the same way. The world looks better up here.  

1 comment:

delagray said...

The mountains are good. I miss them. Sounds like a fun day.