Sunday, August 7, 2011

Timing

This morning while the girls were in the bathtub I worked on finishing up my Sunday School lesson. I was (and still am) trying to burn a DVD that could be played on a regular DVD player and becoming much more aware of my technological ineptitude. By the time I was mostly done, I needed to jump in the shower, and the girls had been in the tub for a long time.

 I asked the girls if they would like to stay in the tub or get out while I showered. They are both old enough and comfortable enough in the water that I don't worry about stepping away for a few minutes. Thankfully, they wanted to stay in the tub, thus leaving the mess in one location.

I hurried and jumped in the shower, and just had shampoo in my hair when I heard the yelling.

"Mom, mom, mom, come quick!!!"

My mind raced to all of the commercials that have warned of drowning kids and water safty that have aired this summer and I turned off the water. The yelling was louder, but thankfully I heard two voices.

"What is it?"

"Savannah has to go to the bathroom, NOW!"

Time, tide, and three-year-olds needing the potty, wait for no man.

Thankfully the shampoo didn't drip.

No comments: