Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday

Saturday we celebrated our 7th Anniversary (which actually is today).  Unfortunately I am not in charge of the world so things didn't turn out exactly as planned. But they turned out pretty darn good anyway. That is a pretty accurate summary of the last seven years.

I have a bike race in two weeks. This weekend is my last to get in a good long ride as next weekend is Abbie's birthday party, and my brother coming home from his mission!!!!!!!!

The Plan: Get in a good long ride on Monday so I wouldn't be dead when we went out Saturday night.

What Happened: Utah now has monsoon season, and Saturday morning was the only break in the clouds and rain all weekend, so that is when I rode. I rode 47 miles in 3 hours (Huzzah!), found a new trail, and only needed a nap in the afternoon, and was good to go.

The Plan: Russ have some good old daddy daughter time while I am on my ride.

What Happened: We were woken up to a phone call at 6:30 with someone asking for help moving. The same day. On a holiday weekend. Without explaining everything, the need and the short notice were legitimate (and not the result of lazy, poor planning, and making the ward your personal moving company. Sorry I have issues.) and so Russ spent the morning helping people move while a neighbor watched the girls.

The Plan: Dinner at Cafe Molise and a Real Salt Lake Game

What Happened: Cafe Molise may just have become my new favorite restaurant in town. I honestly can't remember the last time I ate somewhere and the food was so good I couldn't stop smiling, or eating.  Unfortunately the brief hiatus from the monsoon ended while we were at dinner so we went to the soccer game with ponchos ready. While the game was a blast (even though they lost, first home-game loss in 29 games), and I will definitely be going again, we got soaked. The rain was crazy rain. I didn't know how wet you could get while still having a plastic covering over 60% of your body.

So all in all it was a good day, and great anniversary. I feel very lucky to say that for me, marriage gets better and better as the years go on.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We have had extensive discussions in our ward about the need to take care of moving on your own! But that the ward is there as a last resort. It's even in the handbook! he he. Of course, there are legitimate reasons, but I'm with you on that one. I'm so proud of you with your bike riding - and jealous. That's something I would like to get into. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on a bike! Happy Anniversary!

B said...

I am so impressed with your ride on Saturday. I wish I could have made it with you. I still need to go check out that new trail. I am thinking that is where I will end up doing my 60-mile ride.

Chelle and Aaron said...

You rock! I can't wait to hear about your race. I'm dying to get back on my bike.