For all of my relatives in the Pacific Northwest, you can have your weather back now.....please.
This morning because we were tired of being cooped up inside with rainy weather we went to my mom and dad's house to coop up in their house. I made Blondies, Vanilla Cookies with White Chocolate-Blackberry Filling, and Oatmeal Orange Craisen cookies all for my brother's missionary homecoming open house in three weeks!
Savannah has croop. If you are familiar with her high breathy voice, just raise it a couple of octaves, add some scratchiness, and a seal-like bark and you'd have it about right. I feel bad that I think she sounds adorable, miserable, but adorable.
My bike race is also in three weeks. I did a 40 mile ride last Saturday and rather than help me feel more prepared it made me more nervous. By the end my backside was in serious pain. It didn't help that we had massive head winds for 3/4ths of the ride.
Unfortunately, I also have Savannah's cold so I am wanting to take a nap right about now. Too bad I can't.
Last night I gave a presentation at my church about fast meals to fix your family so you don't have to fix them crap. Sadly, because of how lousy I was feeling, the dinner I served my family before this presentation was......Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
If you can admit you are a hypocrite does it still count as hypocrisy?
5 comments:
First of all, I don't think chocolate chip pancakes count as crap. There's flour, eggs, milk...see, it's healthy!
Secondly, no, we will NOT take back the rain. NO, NO, NO!!! *stamps foot* We've parted ways and hope to not meet again for a very long time.
Lastly, thanks. Now I want cookies.
You crack me up. I think when you are sick, anything goes. It's not hypocrisy.
Wow, I feel completely out of it. I feel like I've missed a lifetime in just a few short posts. First off, don't send the weather back up here, we have had our first really nice days since we've lived here, I'm attempting to enjoy it. :)
Way to go on the triathalon. Tell everyone hello!
Not "hypocrisy," "human." And you totally get to be human any time you need to :) (I also agree that if the worst food you feed your kids is pancakes, you're doing really well.)
I am so sorry you and Savannah aren't feeling well. Time to pull out the chicken soup, a good movie and your pillow and blanket. That is what a sickness calls for! Feel better!
Post a Comment