Saturday, May 14, 2011

A/C

When Russ and I spent the summer in London they had an unusual heat wave and the city about died. They were even making announcements on the news about the need to shower every day so you didn't stink up the Tube.* Through that experience I came into the firm belief that if you live in a climate that regularly gets above 85 degrees, working  A/C is a necessity for happy kids, a happy marriage, and a happy life.

Our A/C has not worked yet this spring.


If you live in the area we might become squatters at your house.

*I know that the 90 degree temperatures we experienced in London were not normal. So I'm not commenting on London's happiness level. We both believe London is the happiest place on earth. I'm not joking.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oh no! I hope it is working soon for you. We'd love to have you hang out any time. (We haven't turned ours on yet though. Just the heater!)

delagray said...

Needing an A/C? I thought you were kidding but after reading your post I can see that you aren't. We still have the heater going every morning.

B said...

Mine works although I have only turned it on two or three times because every time I turn it on the weather outside seems to change and then the heater is necessary again. You are more than welcome for the hour or two it is needed though! :)

Prepared Polly said...

I'm jealous you lived in London. Jon (Sarah's husband) could help you with your a/c if you wanted. He fixed our heater. :)

Chelle and Aaron said...

I agree especially since moving to the desert. So flying 8+ months pregnant was easier than I thought. I did get a note from my dr just in case but no one asked to see it. It wasn't a big deal