Thursday, May 5, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

Our family triathlon is this Saturday. We are doing a Triathlon Sprint, 1/2 mile swim (18 laps in a pool), 12 mile bike ride, and 5k. I think it is going to be a blast and the weather looks perfect!

Abbie has been planning her birthday party for the last month. Her birthday is not for another month. She is one excited girl and it is starting to get really fun planning it with her.  I hope the party can live up to the weeks of anticipation.

I am getting really sick of cleaning my house (not that I ever really enjoy it). I just feel like I am repeating tasks again, and again, and again. I just want it to stay clean for half a day...is that so much to ask?

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO! I wish I had some great plans but I think we will have tostatas for dinner and then play in the park.  When I look at these recipes I think I should have planned something more fun. What are you doing to celebrate?

Savannah is still dressing up as a princess daily. But it has gotten even more hilarious. If she doesn't have a dress on she is Sa -van-nah or Tired Baby. If she is dressed then the princess rotates, most often lately Belle or Tangled (not Rapunzel mind you!). If you call her the wrong name for any reason you are immediately corrected. Once I called her Savannah and she started to correct me, looked down and realized she was still in the process of getting dressed and said, "Oh yes, I am Savannah."

I am five weeks away from my 60 mile bike ride and starting to get very nervous. I just wish the weather would cooperate with my exercise plans.

I am desperately looking for new books to read. Any good suggestions?

1 comment:

B said...

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I am not yet finished but it is a fabulous book so far. Another fun one that I just finished was Till We Have Faces by CS Lewis. It was a CS Lewis book that I had never heard of and a ton different that anything else I had ever read by him, but a really fun book.

Oh there is also The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The Diaries of Adam and Eve by Mark Twain. The Gold of Exodus by Howard Blum. And anything, yes anything, written by Jodi Picoult.

There are a few off the top of my head. Of course you have probably already read all of them! :)