Thursday, April 28, 2011

300th Post

This is my 300th post on my blog. But rather than list 300 things about myself I'm going to list 30 random thoughts because I am sure that neither you, nor I, have the attention span to read or write 300 things.

1. This morning I told Savannah she couldn't make a fort if she cried every time something fell. She said, "Then can we make castles." Clearly the crying can't stop.
2. This morning Abbie told me that she drew all the planets, even Plutus. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing.
3. Have you noticed that I trying to make sure that I put a thought about each child when I blog about my kids?
4. It is a second child OCD about fairness thing.
5. I haven't posted much about recipes lately but this really is the best frosting I've ever had. And there is no powdered sugar. And you use flour. I bet you are intrigued.
6. I am doing our family triathlon next Saturday, May 7th. I'm actually a little excited for it. Except the running part.
7. I am reading Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. It is a standard Dan Brown, but no Di Vinci Code.
8. I am really tired of the weather lately. Give me spring! Give me 70s! Give me sun! Yes, I can be quite demanding.
9. I am supposed to be preparing my Sunday School lesson right now. As you can see, I am not.
10. I am never going to make it to 30.
11. Russ just got a new job. We have loved his current job and it has been an extremely difficult decision to make this change but we are excited about this new step in his career. And the health insurance! But really, you don't want to get me started.
12. I could blab about the pain of self-pay health insurance for way more than thirty bullet points but you would probably much rather have a root canal then hear the tales of woe.
13. We have finally added a new series that my girls listen to instead of Magic Treehouse. It is Geronimo Stilton. Not amazing, but I was really getting sick of Jack and Annie.
14. Back to books I'm reading, I just finished A Lesson in Secrets the most recent Maisie Dobbs books.
15. The Maisie Dobbs series and the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie series have become my most recent recommendations to readers.
16. Not that I considered myself some super informed reader. It is just what I love.
17. I have red ink on my elbow.
18. And I just realized that it got on my jeans. I don't know how either happened.
19. I cleaned all my toilets today. This is the only place I can really congratulate myself on a feat like that. Because other than myself no one seems to notice, and really it is toilets people.
20. Okay, ten more I can do it.
21. Maybe...
22. Have I told you that the best snack in the world is peanut butter on graham cracker, sprinkle with chocolate chips, cover with 2nd graham, and microwave for 30 seconds. Heaven!
21. We saw The King's Speech last week. I am still thinking about it. Loved it!!!
22. I am actually more interested in Will and Kate's wedding than I am willing to admit even to myself. And now I just admitted it to you.
23. I just want to see her dress.
24. And I am an Anglophile.
25. And I want to visit London again.
26. Did I mention that both of the series I recommended take place in England? No, well, you can see I am an Anglophile.
27. Almost there.....
28. I think I should have stuck with  much fewer thoughts.
29. I clearly don't have much!
30. Thanks for reading, this post, this blog, and my life. I am surprised at how much I have enjoyed writing this blog, and even more reading back over old posts. And the comments, they validate me. Thanks!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck on the triathalon!

Ben and Lisa said...

You just made my day! I must say, you stole some of the thoughts right out of my head, so apparently if I were to ever try this my list would be even shorter.

By the way, thanks for telling me Russ got the job after I specifically requested you let me know when you guys found out. . . seems a certain wife is taking after her husband:)

Heather said...

I have been on the hunt for the perfect frosting recipe - it being birthday season in my house. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it. Good luck with the new job and stuff. Did you get a new calling in your ward?

Lacey and Dan said...

Russ has a new job? When did this happen. Are you moving out of state? Email me!

B said...

Yes good luck on the triathalon! I will think of you as I am running that morning. :)

P.S. I am totally on board for doing a ritual to rid ourselves of the bike curse that seems to be following us. I did get my bike all tuned and ready to go yesterday. I did buy new tires.

delagray said...

I had a great comment but it left me as I glanced at the other comments.
I was and still am, I guess, a "fairness mom", too. Counted each candy or whatever we were giving them so that they would each have the same amount of the item. I think I was really OCD.