Thursday, May 27, 2010

Burritos

Burritos?

Yup! Until this week I had never made burritos . It is a sad commentary for a dish so easy but there you have it. And these burritos were pretty much whatever I thought of, aka whatever I had in the house. So here are the fillings I used:

Slow cooked chicken & salsa with sour cream added at the end
Rice
Black Beans
Avacado
Lime Juice
Cheese

They were pretty good for something just thrown together. But I still felt like something was lacking. So the question of the day was. What do you put in your burritos?

6 comments:

Heather said...

same stuff, but I usually use some kind of mexican seasoning. whether it's a taco packet with the chicken or add a touch of chili powder and cumin for a little more flavor. that's just my preference, tho. :)

Brooke said...

It sounds like you've got everything I usually use! Except I probably add a lot more cheese than normal.... I really like cheese! :)

Allison said...

Hmmm...to be honest, whenever I make burritos I just use refried beans and cheese. Sad, I know. But this sounds like something to do with leftover chicken taco filling, so I will be remembering it! We usually make quesadillas with that, adding black beans and cheese, but maybe burritos would go over well, too.

B said...

I use all the same stuff you did, but I also usually put lettace and tomatoes too. And I am with Brooke . . . . there is probably equal portions of cheese to everything else. I might as well just take a bite out of the cheese block. :)

The Woolf Pack said...

Tha'ts usually us. I just love to use the uncooked tortillas that you cook up right before you eat. That to me makes all the difference.

Heather said...

funny, I actually made some with leftovers for lunch yesterday and don't know why I didn't think to suggest this before. But I like to use a pork or beef roast sometimes. I'll use leftovers from a sunday meal and just add some mexi-type seasonings to it or I also just did a beef roast a few days ago, crockpotted with a bottle of that green salsa and that was it. It was very flavorful for tacos/burritos. And I like pinto beans over black beans for burritos. :) okay, I'm done.