Well thanks to a wonderful aunt (thanks Jen!) Abbie got an adorable cooking set for Christmas. She has loved getting it out and playing with the pans and spoons but this picture is the first time she decided to actually "cook". Thanks to a very leaky sippy cup we have, she had water - all the ingredients she needed - to begin. She measured the water into the spoon and then poured it into the pan (and on the table and floor). At first I wanted to get her to clean up right away so the table wouldn't get ruined. But she was having so much fun and was so dang cute we waited then put a towel under the cooking area so she could continue.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Our New Chef!
Well thanks to a wonderful aunt (thanks Jen!) Abbie got an adorable cooking set for Christmas. She has loved getting it out and playing with the pans and spoons but this picture is the first time she decided to actually "cook". Thanks to a very leaky sippy cup we have, she had water - all the ingredients she needed - to begin. She measured the water into the spoon and then poured it into the pan (and on the table and floor). At first I wanted to get her to clean up right away so the table wouldn't get ruined. But she was having so much fun and was so dang cute we waited then put a towel under the cooking area so she could continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a little cutie! She looks like an excellent chef, next time we are there I am requesting that Abbie makes dinner. Hey maybe she will be a chef and open her own restaurant one day:)
Abbie can make dinner for me anytime--I wouldn't have to worry about taking 2nds or 3rds because I hear water is a very low-calorie ingredient!!! We had so much fun having Abbie play at our house last week. We would LOVE to do it again and again. Coop and Cam were sad when she left. I have a cute little video of Cooper reading to her that I'll have to show you.
My kids are big cooks too. In fact Tuesday night at our house is dinner made by the kids. We usually have sandwiches or chicken nuggets and salads, but they love the fact that they are in charge. Both my kids were about Abbie's age when they started making the salads at our house... I cute everything and they put it in the bowl. It helps them to eat the salads a lot better too. :)
Abbie should get together with Ellie and Vicki and the three of them can open a restaurant. And, since she really has no interest in cooking, Lexi can do the interior decorating! It will be so fancy, and the food will be very tasty, I'm sure (and wet, probably)
She's got to be the cutest cook I've seen in a long time. She seems to have taken to it like a fish to water.
My kids LOVE playing with their play dishes and food. Not to mention Sydney's obsession with water. Water all over everything. Whether she's "helping" clean, or just wanting to play in it (and she's 5!)! It won't be too long before she can help you in the kitchen. Sydney can't get enough of making stuff with me. :)
Post a Comment