

So with number two coming along I'm looking at getting a double stroller of some kind and realized right off I don't know what to look for. So, since most of you are moms with several children I thought I would mooch off of your years of wisdom. What double strollers do you have? Wish you had? What things have you loved or hated? Did you even use a double stroller? Anything that you wish you had known when you were in my position now would be very helpful. I want the best stroller possible that will last awhile with out blowing the budget.
I have looked around and found two that I like. The first is the Baby Trend Sit and Stand Plus Double stroller. It costs about $150 and is a double stroller that converts to a single plus sit and stand for older toddlers. The reviews look pretty good and I like the idea of a sit and stand in about a year....
The second is the Jeep Wrangler All Weather Twin Sport Umbrella Stroller. For me the biggest selling points of this stroller are the small size and affordable cost ($80). I alsi like the idea of the kids next to each other (so they can hit more? I don't know)...
Any suggestions you have would be awesome!
10 comments:
I have the sit and stand stoller and I love it. I had the long one where they both sit one in front of the other and it was so long and hard to get in and around place. I will never have one of those again. I also had the umberella side by side, but it is so wide that it is hard to go down isle when you are shopping at anything but a grocery store. I would say that it is worth the money for the sit and stand stroller.
The side by side, while lovely in concept, holy goodness just getting through isles in, ha, the person above me already said it, so never mind. My sister has some cool strollers she's looked in to for whenever the time arises (hopefully soon) she has another, but knowing her they are quite costly, but I could ask her for some 'stroller advice.' I think the one is kind of similar to the sit and stand, but without the standing, I'm not sure. I'm single and so not having kids that it's hard for me to pay proper attention. Either way, I'm soooo excited for you. About the baby I mean, not the buying of the double stroller. I mean that's exciting too, but a baby is even more exciting.
I would have to say the sit and stand is probably the way to go. I've heard a lot of people say the side by side is inconvenient b/c of how wide it is. Or you could just do like me and stick the newborn in a snuggli and the toddler in the stroller then the baby in the stroller and chase the toddler all over EVERYWHERE. I've even seen this cool double stroller where the back seat is a little bike that the older kid gets to ride (they don't have control of the stroller, you do). Anyway, I know I was no help, but I did it the hard way, so I don't have any useful, first-hand advice.
My vote is for the Sit and Stand for sure. I with I'd gotten one when Lexi was born instead of the crappy one I ended up with (it was cheap, though!) Whatever you do, DON'T buy a double stroller that won't accomodate the infant carseat. Biggest mistake I ever made. And the tandem double strollers, while narrow enough to fit down aisles, are incredibly awkward because they're so long and you're supposed to put the heavier child in the front, which makes no sense to me, but that means that trying to maneuver anywhere is a real pain in the butt.
Wait - YOUR PREGNANT?! You dirty rotten little stinker! You never breathed a WORD to me! I'm so totally offended I'm considering not even giving you my opinion.......
Okay, twist my arm. I don't take big strollers shopping. Like one person already said, I've done the snugli or bjorn for the newborn and umbrella stroller for the toddler. I have never tried the sit and stand stroller, but I did have a front and back one like that and found it a royal pain to push around. Too awkward. Maybe this one is different? I would prefer a side by side, but it seems like it depends what you want it for. I'm not a huge shopper, so the mall thing doesn't affect my choice. Or at least I'm not huge on taking the kids if I can help it. We have a bike trailer that doubles as a stroller and I LOVE IT! But we just use it for walks around the neighborhood - not anything else. We can actually fit all 3 in there snuggling up. lol. Okay, I don't think I was much help. Sorry!
Hey Em! I know I already posted, but just on the off chance that you were interested in the bike/stroller thing (which I'm sure you're not because there is no Abbie containment factor), I thought I'd give you the website that sells them (go to www.happystroller.com). It's actually just the bike part that attaches to your existing stroller. You can get it for $99 (including shipping and handling) if you type in the code Joia$99 when you check out. Anyway, I know it's probably not super realistic, but I thought it was cute and at least worth a look!
Thanks everyone for all the great advice! You helped me think about things that I hadn't even considered before (weight, where I actually go with a stroller). You guys are the best!
Hey Emily, I am a little slow on commenting, but I do have a sit and stand stroller. I love it, but Dax was almost 3 when we had Mackenzie, so we let him get out and run around. The nice thing is that there is a belt buckle on the back also, so when you are done with the infant seat Abbie can move to the back seat and still be buckled in. I just don't like how awkward it is to push the wide double stroller around, I think the sit and stand was easy to push around. It isn't as long as the regular double strollers. Hope that helps!!
Hi, you don't know me, but I have to comment (late). I recommend the side by side Maclaren.
http://www.niniandloli.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1365
It is small enough to fit through any standard door, and so fun for the kids to be next to each other. I have wondered about putting a board on the back of my stroller for my son to stand on, but I don't think he would want to stand for any length of time. You could just stick with a single stroller and carry your baby on you via sling or bjorn.
Just some random thoughts from a stranger.
sorry that link wasn't complete, let me try again.
http://www.niniandloli.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1365
you will probably have to cut and paste it.
Post a Comment