So we were humbugs for the new year - and we loved it. We went to bed early and spent New Year's Day cleaning. Let me explain. We have spent the last week, well really the last month, playing and visiting with family and friends and having a wonderful time. We thoroughly enjoyed having the Portland Eberts down for the week and only wished we could have spent more time with them.
That said during the month our home became, well somewhat disheveled, and by New Years Day I had had enough. Russ's job was to reorganize our office with the amazing new desk we inherited from his dad. This included a massive dejunking and cleaning effort as well. My job was to take down Christmas and do the regular cleaning ( I got the easy job.) Abbie's job was to "help" wherever she went!
She loved to climb into the now emptied plastic drawers and fill them with toys, and discovered the near universal joy of spinning in an office chair. So while boring to some we had a wonderful new years!! Hopefully this will set a good precedent for the year of a clean and well organized home......hopefully lol.
5 comments:
How much can you really do on New Years when you've got kids anyway? (It's never been one of the more enjoyable holidays in my opinion). That picture of Abbie in the office chair looks so much like Jen to me--maybe it's the hair!
That sounds a lot like our New Year's day, however by 6:00 Allie and I were both in bed try to recover, I think it work for her, but still hasn't worked for me.
That sounds fantastic! We planned on going to bed early, too, but ended up chatting with family too long. :O) I do envy all the cleaning and de-cluttering you got done. I LOVE to do that ..... well, at least to have it done.
btw- It always throws me a little when I see "ben and lisa" commenting on your blog. My sister Lisa is married to a "Ben". I'm always thinking "why is Lisa checking out Em's blog?" I'm a little slow. It's okay to say it. lol. :O)
Ha! I wish our New Year's had set a precedent for a clean and organized home! Even thought we got almost completely unpacked within two hours of arriving home (those Ebert organizational genes do come in handy sometimes), after a day with all three girls home the house looks like a bomb went off - I don't think there's a square foot of floor in the living room that doesn't have Legos in it. The little Legos. Ugh.
Abbie looks like she owns the place, sitting in that chair, btw. :)
I am with you guys and Lisa, New Year's is a concept lost on us. Especially when our kids are still up at 11:00 (well Kenzie was) and is screaming her head off. We pack it up and went home early, and I don't regret it one bit. Abbie is a cutie. I think she and Mackenzie look a lot alike.
Post a Comment