Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome, Nathan Russell

Introducing Nathan Russell. Nathan was born Thursday at 4:00, and by far his mother's easiest delivery. This could be in part to him weighing in at 7 lbs 6 oz, with a height of 20.5 inches, by far the smallest addition to our family. (It is also in part to the wonders of modern pharmaceuticals that worked perfectly in this case.) Nathan is adored by all members of his family, with Abbie being mothering and wanting to hold him constantly, Savannah intrigued but cautious, and both parents thrilled that he is here and healthy, and just so darn cute.


 His arrival home today was celebrated by being smothered loved by sisters, aunt, grandparents, dad, and mom. The highlight of the celebration by sisters and dad was building...an igloo. (It is also practically the first real snow of the year and the opportunity was too good to pass up.)

(PS That is our van in the background.)

11 comments:

Allison said...

Yay! Pictures! He's adorable. Good job, mama! But I have a question: 7lbs. 6oz. is your smallest baby? How big were the girls? Because that's how much Lexi weighed, and she was my middlest. I'm glad everything went well! And I'm glad the girls are handling it well. I love the picture with all three of them - there's a lot of personality in that shot! Can't wait to see you guys and meet Nate the Great in person!

Kristen said...

Congrats guys! What a cutie he is! Glad it was such a good delivery for you! It was fun to see you the other day even though it was quick! Good luck adjusting to three!

Nomads By Nature said...

Such a beautiful little boy! Congratulations! Wishing you all the best in these wonderful days as you adjust to being a family of 5.

Chelle and Aaron said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you are adjusting so well.

Becky said...

Congrats Em and Russ! He is so cute! I am thrilled for all of you.

JennyLynn said...

What a handsome boy! Congratulations.

Mona said...

Hooray! He is so cute and I love the yawn! Glad that delivery went great. Hopefully he will be your wonderful sleeper and that everyone will adjust well. COngrats again.. it was so fun to catch up the other day. we need to chat more often!

B said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute and definitely looks like your babies. :) Can't wait to meet him.

The Steeds said...

Congrats! He is so dang cute! Hope all is going well and that you are feeling awesomeish. Take care!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!! He is precious, and just the perfect addition to your cute family!! I'm so thankful for the internet at times like this, because to be able to keep in touch (even just a little bit) is so great!! Can't wait to read about all the fun headed your way with 3 kids!! :)

Tara said...

OH MY GOSH HE IS SO CUTE. What a cute and perfect name. I am sooooo happy for you guys. What a perfect little family you have. Glad everything went well. I hope I get to meet the little guy at some point. Sending love from all of us at modern8. (Who will always miss the Gray family).