Today I went to the store, the doctor's office, picked Abbie up from school, went to the park and fixed dinner. In my previous life this would have been a normal day. In my post-pardum sleep deprived haze this about did me in. I can admit it. I am a wimp.
After Abbie was born my movie to watch while I nursed was Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version). After Savannah was born I watched the last several seasons of Gilmore Girls. This week I bought the first two seasons of Downton Abbey, and am checking the shipping details way to often. I feel it is perfectly acceptable to have some kind of escapist show as I adjust to a new child in my life. (PS I haven't watched any of the second season yet so don't spoil it for me!)
Gotta watch this...The cello player is a friend of mine. Their other videos are pretty awesome too.
No, I am not at the caucus tonight, and yes I do teach American Government. However I also have a two-week-old baby and was just told by the doctor to be especially cautious right now in keeping him away from crowds as there is a nasty bug about. But if the people I don't want to win, win at the caucuses tonight, I'm going to be ticked. It would be nice if Russ could have an extra vote for me while he is there.
I'm tired, did I mention that?
A few days ago the girls started their dinner before my dad came home. When he got home he asked them if they were eating. Savannah responded, "No, we are just pretending." Truer words were never spoken. I just wish it wasn't true every.single.night.
3 comments:
Funny that we both posted Paradise yesterday. :) Love that version. I had never heard of them before, but they are amazing!
I feel your pain of exhaustion, it makes you feel so crazy sometimes. But the fact that you did all that with a new little one is fabulous!
Maybe I should ask my kids if they are just pretending to eat, that might be the real issue in our house.
Would you believe that I'm still sick so haven't been checking anything except emails? Love the pictures of all of the kids. Three is different, for sure.
I love the 'fair' thing. Abbie certainly comes up with unique thoughts. I'm glad you have the video on. Russ told me about it a few weeks ago, and wasn't sure how to look it up.
I love watching a "new show" just after having had a baby. If I had a 3rd, I'd definitely find a good one. I've not started Downton Abby yet, but am planning on it very soon!!
PS-my dad was on Lafayette St. 4 days ago, and sent me a pic of my old house... I told him he should have stopped by to say "hi" to your family... :) Maybe one of these days he will!
Post a Comment