Yesterday before my classes I was meeting with my supervisor. He kindly said, "You were born to teach." Considering, I'm teaching until 10:00 on Wednesdays, Sunday school on Sunday's and this week a Relief Society lesson on top of that, it certainly feels true. That said I think I was born to eat chocolate and read novels, but little around me seems to support that idea.
This morning I went to a viewing for Abbie's preschool teacher's husband. Preschool has been canceled for at least a month. While we miss preschool, it is only because this teacher and her class has been a real blessing for our family. They are in our prayers.
About 45 minutes from our house a man decided to carve/create giant ice castles on the property of a mountain resort. I have heard reports that they are stunning. Now if we can just find a weekend when it is not snowing to go visit them.
Lately Savannah has been really into doing puzzles. The particular puzzles she likes have the same image on the background so it is perfect for a two-year-old to do them by herself. In fact, this morning while I was working on the computer, she kept saying, "I'm good at puzzles. I'm good at puzzles." I hope the self-esteem will stick.
Savannah has been doing really well at not wetting the bed so we decided to nix diapers at night. Sadly it lasted about two nights and then there was a 4:30 am deluge. Thankfully Russ handled it. Not so thankful to be not quite done with the diapers.
In order to survive the cold month sans preschool we got this book from the library. It has been a BIG hit with Abbie. We have sucked oxygen out of the air, made an underwater volcano, studied the thickness of different liquids, planted seeds (yet to see results here) made homemade ice cream, and figured out why sunsets are yellow. I love it first, because it provides me quality time with Abs that does not involve me being Cinderella. Even more important was when her cousin was over and they were doing the projects together they yelled out, "I love science! I want to be a scientist when I grow up!" It is nice to have moments when I really think I nailed it as a parent, because so much of the time I'm not always sure.
3 comments:
You are an awesome mom! Your kids are lucky.
Thanks for teaching Relief Society for me on Sunday. Ward Conferences are done after this week! :) You are a great teacher and I must admit I am sad that I will miss it!
That science book sounds like it would be a huge hit here. When your girls are a little older, you'll have to introduce them to Mythbusters. That show is begged for on a daily basis in our house.
Good luck on the no diapers at night. Ellie's 5 and we're still in pull-ups. She needs them about 50% of the time, but you never know when that 50% will be. Better to be safe than sorry.
Post a Comment