Sunday, February 6, 2011

Talk in Church

Abbie has been asked to give a talk in primary next week. So this morning with our loooonng Sunday morning before one o'clock church, I decided to have her help me write her talk. She chose the topic of why the scriptures are important. Here is what we wrote.

If it was the first time you went to the zoo, and you didn’t know where to go. You could ask the man nicely for a map. The map could tell you where to go and how to get to the elephants.

Heavenly Father has a map for us. Which is the scriptures. Scriptures help you learn about Jesus. If you did not know what to do, you could read the scriptures and it would tell you what to do. If you do bad things, it will make Jesus sad. If you do nice things it will make Jesus happy. My favorite scripture story is the Savior in America and journey to the promise land.

I like the scriptures. I believe the scriptures tell the truth. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

It 90% Abbie helped by a few leading questions by mom. Overall I'm pretty proud of my little girl.

(We'll see how the actual talk goes next week.)

(Update: Abbie is now telling me that she doesn't want to speak in primary next week. So who knows what will happen.)

3 comments:

Prepared Polly said...

That is the sweetest talk! I love it! I may use the zoo map analogy myself someday. :)

B said...

That is so great! I am sure that with a little bit of prompting from mom, she will do it and do it great.

Allison said...

So cute! After being in Primary for so long, I can totally tell the talks that the kids write themselves, and I knew this was Abbie's work before you even told us. She's so smart!

Good luck getting her to do it! I'm afraid I can't help you there, since I have the kids who would take up the entire testimony time in Sacrament Meeting if we let them.