Monday, February 21, 2011

The Darnest Things

The girls with my Grandma at Christmas
Savannah

This morning I helped Savannah get dressed. We put on her underwear, shirt, pants, and a light blue tule skirt. After she danced gracefully around the room I reminded her, "Savannah, we need to pick up the books." Library books were scattered everywhere.

She gave me a glare that only a 13-year-old should know how to use.

" Mom, you mean Cinderella."

I stand corrected. Hourly.

Abbie

Today Abbie was watching an old copy of the living scriptures videos about the miracles of Jesus. The Savior had just calmed the storm and turned to his disciples saying, "Where is your faith?"

Abbie turned to me very worried, "Mom they don't know where they put their faith!"

  * * *

This afternoon I finally forced myself to fold the laundry. Amidts the pile sat my bra. Abbie picked it up and asked, "Why do you wear this weird thing?"

To support....

To hide.....

To show....



I don't know kiddo. I don't know.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, watch out. Sounds like one day Savannah's going to tell you "You don't even know my life."

As for the bra question, well, brace yourself. It won't be the most awkward question she asks you about underwear/body parts. I guarantee.

Also, they both crack me up and I can't wait to see you guys in a month!

wendyberd said...

seriously, why do we wear bras? let's revolt!
oh wait - i remember. breast feeding ruined everything.

:)

B said...

I love your girls! They are so cute!