1 cup sour cream
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
6 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine sour cream, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients until everything is mixed together. Let the dough chill in fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
Roll it out and use cookie cutters or whatever you want.
Bake until LIGHT golden brown-no more than 10 minutes. When you take them out they will seem underdone but aren't. Let them cool on the pan and they will be perfect and moist. It you like them harder and more crunchy just bake them a little longer.
3 comments:
This looks like the recipe I have, too. And I have to chill in the fridge for 2 hours, I think. Also, I only work with a small amount of dough at a time, leaving the rest in the fridge until I'm ready to roll it and cut it. Unfortuntately all of that means that we hardly ever make them! But they are worth it when we do.
Thanks for the recipe! I will try it for sure.
I love cookies! And sugar cookies with sour cream in them are always yummy! I will have to try this recipe.
Post a Comment