Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

We just spent the morning making Valentine's cookies for the preschool Valentine's Party later today. I really hope the preschoolers will be fine with Valentine butterflies and stars along with the hearts, because that is what they are getting. I would say that little kids will be fine with anything then I look at my two picky eaters and sigh. 

I have 54 papers to grade. Maybe I should give them all Bs and call it good. Then I can read my novel.

Last week I stocked up on art supplies to get us through the rest of winter. All of the water colors have already been used.

I need to post the recipe for the cookies we made. They are the. best. sugar. cookies. EVER! Trust me I'll get it done.

I've realized this week that while I have some concerns about where I am in life right now, as far as what I am doing, I am doing exactly what I want to be doing. It is a nice thing to know about your life. 

Except for grading papers, I don't want to do that, but I think I mentioned that already. 


6 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

Your posts always make me smile. I always look forward to them!

Allison said...

Oooh, what novel?

Watercolors never last long around here, either. We mostly use ours to paint rockos. Or, on one memorable occasion, the kitchen table.

The Steeds said...

I would love your sugar cookie recipe. I have now decided that after I get through this first trimester that I will try to cook and bake more and try new things. :) that is my goal in theory. I will just have to see if it comes to pass in reality. (Wish you were here to motivate me and cheer me on.)

B said...

I would say just give them all Bs and call it good, but then I remember that in college I would have been really mad if I would have received a B on a paper. Good luck!

The Woolf Pack said...

I had to catch up on your blog today, it's been longer than I thought. Your girls must think you are the best mom, you always do such fun stuff with them. I'm feeling pretty lazy now. I can't wait to try your sugar cookie recipe. I'm always up for trying new cookie recipes.

I LOVE the picture of Savannah with her pink beanie on. So cute!!

Lindsay said...

I would love your sugar cookie recipe- I've got a good one, but am always looking for other good ones! I think the key ingredient in my recipe is the sour cream...I can send it to you if you'd like... :)