Sunday night we all gathered at my parents house for one last "Hurrah" before my brothers left for opposite ends of the country and we could gather again in a few weeks for Christmas. We had a wonderful time visiting, gorging ourselves on food, and inventing definitions to words like begerbeglic in a game of Balderdash. Abbie loved every minute of it. She thinks being at Grandma and Grandpa's is akin to heaven (only with better toys).
Near the end of the evening my brothers put in a movie for my family to watch. Abbie was in the middle of her brownie (yet another bonus of Grandparents) and was watching as the movie started. First, there were the trailers for upcoming movies. Then a warning from the FBI that I have yet to read. Then the few seconds of black screen before the actual movie began. As we all obediently watched the black screen waiting for our show we heard Abbie yell loudly from the high chair in her raspy two-year-old voice...
"What the heck! It's broken!"
Two thoughts simultaneously went through my mind.
1 - I don't want her to see me laughing my head off so she will repeat that over, and over again. (This by the way was a fruitless effort because my family's reaction was plenty to encourage her.)
2 - I am SO glad that I don't swear.
*The picture is entirely unrelated, however any child that requests that you tie a Wal-Mart bag around her waist so she can run up and down the hall has inborn comedic genius that is only just being tapped.
5 comments:
"What the heck"... that's SO funny!
Abbie is hilarious! I can't wait to see her again - and Savannah.
I know what you mean about the not swearing thing. I still remember when Vicki walked around for days saying, "Oh, shoot! Mommy said, 'Oh, shoot!'"
That was a hysterical post. I am waiting for the day that Abbie will yell things like that in front of us!
That is awesome. At our house we are no longer allowed to say things like what the heck or oh crap. We are now reduced to, what the or oh my stars... I love kids and the many ways that they change you!
That is so funny! She is so cute. We sure have a great time having her come over and play at our house.
Post a Comment