I'm taking a poll?? What is the most annoying Christmas song?
For me it is a tie between "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" and "Last Christmas I Gave You my Heart." Even typing them gives me the shivers..
9 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Actually, those were my picks too. So I'll have to think of some more. (There's just so many to choose from) (Yes, bah humbug, I know. I've heard it before). Anyway, although there are probably many more, these are ones where I either risk swerving into traffic to frantically change the channel, or I sing along in the most annoying voice I possibly can to try to drive everyone else crazy:
I'm gettin' nuttin for Christmas, Rocking around the Christmas Tree, Jingle Bell Rock, Anything by the Chipmunks, Grandma got run over by a reindeer, The dogs barking "jingle bells" (this one deserves an IMMEDIATE shotgun blast to the radio.)
You know how I feel about this-- "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time." Hands down. Just the thoughts of the song make me WANT to go into a comma.
Russ kinda covered it. Those were the songs that they played over and over and over again while I worked at the Gap, and 6 years later I am still traumatized by it. I stick with the instrumental stuff, it doesn't get stuck in your head. Although, my kids singing "Jingle bells Batman smells..." is a good one.
Some people might think it's anti-Christmas to say this but I really don't like "The Twelve Days of Christmas" because it gets stuck in my head for days! And, it really doesn't make any sense, I wouldn't really want any of those gifts, except maybe the gold rings! :)
Yeah, Russ pretty much covered it. Although no one's mentioned "I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas" yet. Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" bugs me. And I may be alone on this one, but if I hear Josh Groban sing "Oh, Holy Night" one more time, I may shoot myself. Love the song, and I enjoy him in small doses, but put the two together, and I'm done.
I hate both of those and second Russ on the Chipmunks hatred. I also despise "Feliz Navidad" and pretty much anything played in the evening during "Delilah"s segment...I stick to internet radio in the evenings.
Defaintly, Simple having a wonderful Christmas time. My intense hatred came for that song when I worked the retail market and MUSAC (lame retail station) would play that over and over again. My Christmas spirit leaves as soon as the first note starts. On the other hand I actually like Last Christmas I gave you my heart. Especially, the WAM! version. Good tunes!
THose are both barfy songs, and I absolutely HATE "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" I think everyone hates that song. When I was working as a nurse, I was in a C/S and we were listening to the radio, that song came on and everyone groaned, even the patient. I immediately turned it off before something tragic happened.
9 comments:
Actually, those were my picks too. So I'll have to think of some more. (There's just so many to choose from) (Yes, bah humbug, I know. I've heard it before). Anyway, although there are probably many more, these are ones where I either risk swerving into traffic to frantically change the channel, or I sing along in the most annoying voice I possibly can to try to drive everyone else crazy:
I'm gettin' nuttin for Christmas,
Rocking around the Christmas Tree,
Jingle Bell Rock,
Anything by the Chipmunks,
Grandma got run over by a reindeer,
The dogs barking "jingle bells" (this one deserves an IMMEDIATE shotgun blast to the radio.)
Oh, and "Santa Baby."
You know how I feel about this-- "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time." Hands down. Just the thoughts of the song make me WANT to go into a comma.
Russ kinda covered it. Those were the songs that they played over and over and over again while I worked at the Gap, and 6 years later I am still traumatized by it. I stick with the instrumental stuff, it doesn't get stuck in your head.
Although, my kids singing "Jingle bells Batman smells..." is a good one.
Some people might think it's anti-Christmas to say this but I really don't like "The Twelve Days of Christmas" because it gets stuck in my head for days! And, it really doesn't make any sense, I wouldn't really want any of those gifts, except maybe the gold rings! :)
Yeah, Russ pretty much covered it. Although no one's mentioned "I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas" yet. Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" bugs me. And I may be alone on this one, but if I hear Josh Groban sing "Oh, Holy Night" one more time, I may shoot myself. Love the song, and I enjoy him in small doses, but put the two together, and I'm done.
I hate both of those and second Russ on the Chipmunks hatred. I also despise "Feliz Navidad" and pretty much anything played in the evening during "Delilah"s segment...I stick to internet radio in the evenings.
Defaintly, Simple having a wonderful Christmas time. My intense hatred came for that song when I worked the retail market and MUSAC (lame retail station) would play that over and over again. My Christmas spirit leaves as soon as the first note starts. On the other hand I actually like Last Christmas I gave you my heart. Especially, the WAM! version. Good tunes!
THose are both barfy songs, and I absolutely HATE "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" I think everyone hates that song. When I was working as a nurse, I was in a C/S and we were listening to the radio, that song came on and everyone groaned, even the patient. I immediately turned it off before something tragic happened.
Post a Comment