I was so excited when it started to snow. We turned on Christmas music, made cookies, then went out and played in the snow. I love waking up on Christmas morning to a blanket of white. Then I'm ready for spring.
This week we had Russ's mom stay with us. It was a lot of fun and Abbie is close to hero worship for her Gramma Gray. Thanks Laura we had a blast and Abbie definitely misses you.
I am physically unable to keep track of Savannah's socks. She hates them and every time I turn around she is wearing only one. I'm starting to think she eats the other one. The upside is at least she is eating something other than my milk. She is still on a bottle/sippy strike.
The other day after Abbie was in bed she started yelling for us. I came up to see what the problem was. When I got to her she had a long trail of green snot running from her nose to her cheek. She looked at me, very upset and said, "I said 'Bless you.'" (Allie are these quotation marks unnecessary?)
Savannah is a girl on the move. Or at least she wants to be. She spends almost all of her play time on her tummy and often is reaching and stretching to get a toy that she has pushed out of range. I think she will be crawling before long. Great. Just great.
I am slightly ecstatic for Christmas this year. I've started asking Abbie questions like, "Abbie wouldn't it be great if Santa brought you more legos?" or "Would you like a little people airplane for Christmas?"Russ is afraid I'm going to give it away. I just want to ensure that she likes what she gets for Christmas. Me and good old Harold Hill.
5 comments:
Nope, the quotation marks are perfect! :)
See, you can still get away with hinting about Christmas presents. Abbie's not going to have a clue. I can still do it with Ellie, but the other two, not so much. I have a feeling the Santa secret isn't going to be a secret for much longer around here.
I totally agree on the snow thing. White and beautiful for Christmas and then we can just skip January all together and then it can get warm again. Is there some where we can live that is like that?
I must say that I enjoy your random posts. As for the sock stuff-- I have the same problem with Carter's. I can never find matching socks. It's worse than the dryer eating them.
I TOTALLY brainwash my kids into liking what they're going to get. Luckily it has almost always worked. Now that sydney's getting older, though, I'm not sure I can keep doing it.
How is Abbie swinging like that without holding on? We love the snow, living somewhere where it looks brown all year, the snow is really nice.
As for Savannah, you should put her in tights. We found really cute ones for Mackenzie at Children's place, and she could never pull them off.
Kids will love everything you get them, even if it takes a while. I think the Christmas experience can be kind of overwhelming for them. We sure miss you guys, have a great holiday.
Post a Comment