Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend



First I want to say Happy Mother's Day to both of our mothers. We are so grateful for everything you have done and continue to do for us. The longer we're parents the more amazing you become. And an especial thanks to Laura because your wonderful son made sure I had a great Mother's Day.

This morning I got to wake up late to the smell of waffles and the sounds of Abbie laboring up the stairs. When I came out she threw a card at me (with a smile of course) and said "Thank you mama." Inside was a nice note from Russ and scribbles from Abbie - the perfect card. Then Abbie (Russ) got me a new maternity shirt, which at this stage of the game is greatly appreciated. Amazingly he picked out the same one at the store that I had been ogling but never bought. What a great guy.

Yesterday was also near perfect (for me anyway). We went hiking with Abbie up around Red Buette Gardens. It is still too snowy to go too far up the canyons, and between the one year old and the pregnant lady this was about as much as we could do. It was SO beautiful and I love being in the mountains (well foothills) again.

Later in the afternoon Russ decided we needed a ceiling fan for our room. Having never had one I wasn't convinced but went a long with it anyway. For any of you who thing Russ is a mild mannered individual just sit and watch him fight with an inanimate object (computer, traffic light, or in this case poorly designed screws and lighting fixtures). He gets as mad as I've ever seen him. At one point he was threatening to melt the fan down if it didn't cooperate. At another he was getting ready to punch holes in the ceiling. It was quite hilarious. Thankfully,Russ won the day and we ended it wonderful cool breeze in our room (I'm completely sold on the ceiling fan in the bedroom idea. It is amazingly relaxing)

4 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

I am glad you had a great mother's day, tell Russ good job on the Mother's day surprises. Russ sounds like many of the men in our family, if the fan hadn't cooperated soon, he probably WOULD have melted it down. Abbie is such a cutie, I am loving her bangs.

Kelseybob said...

I"m glad you had a great mother's day. I will never have a bedroom without a fan again. They are wonderful for the nights and a lot cheaper to run the the AC :)

delagray said...

I love your description of Russ as he worked on the fan. I had to laugh as did Grandma. His frustration doesn't surprise me one bit. It was easy to picture the scene in my mind. It is pretty humorous. Seems to be a guy-thing for our family.
I'm impressed that Abbie (& Russ) picked out the shirt you were interested in. What an in-tune family you have.

Anonymous said...

Our husbands sound very similar. Dave is really mellow until... He rarely gets upset at people (though the kids can get him going) but give him a machine thats not working and watch the tools fly! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. And I have not forgotten you! I'll send you a email with my phone number and maybe we can get to together.