I have always known that I had an amazing husband but today he outdid himself. First he spent most of the day building shelves in our garage. We have a tiny, "one car," garage that I have loved although it is cramped. As we've piled in the junk it has gotten more and more cramped so we could only get in the car from one side. This will obviously not work well - if at all - with two kids in car seats so my wonderful husband built enough shelving to compress almost all of our junk to the back of the garage. (While it may
seem disorganized on the shelves, it is actually a highly developed organizational system known only to the designer.)

The second - and even more amazing accomplishment of

Russ today is he finished painting a picture of my dad and my niece, Vicki, for my dad for his birthday/father's day. This painting was a special request from me at the last minute that he has been working on for the last couple of weeks. It is based on a picture from a family camp out and represents all that I love about my dad. I absolutely love the painting and think it is one of Russ's best, if not his best, painting to date. We are giving it to my dad tomorrow (May 25) so if you read this before then don't tell him. (For better or worse my parents aren't the most up to date on blogs and blogging so I'm not terribly worried about them checking this before we give it to them. Dad, if you are reading this before you've seen the picture ....act surprised.)
3 comments:
You have no idea how jealous I am looking at your garage. Our garage is the same size as yours, roughly, but honestly you can't even see the floor! It's awful. One of these days when we have time our plan is to clean it out (we still have pieces of drywall and other junk left in there) and then build shelves and hopefully one day our garage will look half as nice as yours!
As for the picture, I am totally in awe of Russ's painting abilities! I love love LOVE the painting (it helps that it's my daughter :) ) and I bet your dad loves it, too. Russ, you are definitely amazing!
Wow and Wow!!
Storage shelves are the best thing ever. One can live in the smallest of spaces when you have good storage.
If I hadn't read about the picture, I would have thought it was a photogaph. I hope that is a compliment to an artist. To me, it's the supremest of compliments.
What a great idea for Father's Day. Precious beyond measure.
Yay Russ! That painting is amazing!
Post a Comment