So Abbie locked me out again!!! For the past for months whenever I have gone into the garage I've grabbed my keys on the off chance that Abbie would lock me out again. Whether it be when I'm bringing in groceries, grabbing something whatever - I have my keys. And of course, she hasn't locked me out. I've meant to get a copy and hide it somewhere but had just not gotten around to it. But today I ran to the garage to put something in the picnic basket, and attempted to run back in. The door was locked. I still can not figure out how or when she did it as she was buckled in her booster seat when I went outside. It must have been in the two minutes from the time we got home washed her hands and I sat her in the seat for lunch.
I was beyond frustrated. Of course my neighbor with the key to my house wasn't home again and so I had to call Russ home during his lunch. I stood at the back sliding glass door so Abbie could see me and not be scared. Unfortunately she was done with her lunch, wanted out and throwing a fit by the time he was able to make it home. Thankfully she was easily cheered up moments later and probably forgot about the whole thing. Where I to be so lucky.
4 comments:
Sneaky, Abbie, very sneaky! I would say that spare key is going to have to be a top priority tomorrow with little lock-patrol Abbie on the loose. I hope this isn't mean, but I laughed out loud when I read the post!
I going to have to say that you may need more than one spare with that little one around. Lisa is right, she sure is sneaky. I wish that I could say it was my kids that locked me out, but all three times it was my own fault. It is kind of funny. Sorry Emily, I am sure it didn't feel like it was at the time hopefully there is some humor in it now :)
Hey, well, I'll admit, I was laughing out loud too. (Again, sorry Em). So don't feel bad.
I agree a spare key should be your top priority. At least you have the glass door so that you can see her while you are outside! :)
Post a Comment