I spent an hour raking leaves yesterday. I filled five bags. I got blisters. Looking out the back window this windy morning you would never know that anything had been done.
I voted early last week. All the perks of voting, including the all important sticker, with none of the line. Genius!
Abbie learned about the candidates this week. She learned the important issues for the first grade demographic, their families, favorite foods, and their hobbies. Who did she vote for? Mitt Romney. Why? Because he's a grandpa. Grandpa's will always trump dads.
I made meatloaf this week. This wasn't some glorified hamburger. It had ground beef and ground pork. It had Ritz crackers, Worcestershire sauce, fresh parsley, garlic, onion, and an amazing ketchup brown sugar glaze. Abbie's response, "This is the grossest food ever.....Well except for worms."
Yup. I beat out worms.
His nicknames include Nate, Nater, Nathy, and Happy.
He, thankfully, liked the meatloaf. And he likes lasagna, and pasta. Finally, a kid with an appetite.
Savannah has not adjusted to the time change at all. She is content to wake up an hour early (5:45). She would actually be content to entertain and feed herself but she is unable to pour her own milk. Blast this time change!
5 comments:
I just saw the solution to the milk problem! It's called magic tap. I was laughing so hard because the commercial came on AS i was reading the post. It must be a sign :)
https://www.buymagictap.com
Pour the milk into a cup and put it in the fridge before you go to bed. Make (double and triple) sure she knows it's there. Point out how independent and "big-girl" it will be for her to be able to get her own milk. Ta-da!
*Potential drawback: milk all over the stairs/family room carpet when she goes to watch cartoons (this is what would happen in my house.) It's up to you whether that's worth the extra hour of sleeping in.
One more thing: our whole state votes by mail, and the only thing I don't like about it is that they don't include an "I voted!" sticker in the envelope. So sad.
P.S. the word verification thing is making me want to cry today. I swear it hates me.
I'm with Allison . . . make individual sized milk cups that she CAN pour herself.
I wish the grandpa had won.
Nate is so stinkin cute! I love his big smile! Hooray for an eater!
Post a Comment