Thursday, November 29, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

First graders don't have a lot of experience with life, but like all of us they want to be a part of the conversation/story so Abbie's new favorite phrase picked up from school is..."I heard that...."followed by some random, and usually fictitious, fact that she has picked up at school.

Abbie has been asked to sing with three other girls at the ward Chirstmas party. And I have to teach that night. I am pretty darn bugged.

I got my student reviews for my class this semester. (No the semester is not over. I don't get it either.) One of the reviews mentioned frustration that I don't use power point or give out study guides. They said, "All we have [to study] for our test is our notes from class and the book!" I laughed out loud. Sorry kid...welcome to college.

We've been working with Nathan on helping him sleep through the night. We've gotten to where we will just give him a binki in the night and he wont wake up to be fed until 5 or 6. Now if we just weren't giving him a binki three times a night!

Savannah has been improving on saying her Ls. But the funny part is that she is doing it conscientiously. So she'll say bLLLLack baLLLL or coLLLor. It is awesome.


I weighed myself on the scale a few days ago and didn't like what I saw. However, I also don't like the thought of eating healthy during the holidays. Blast!


Our shower has had a leak into the basement. We had the plumber come out once and the easy fix didn't fix so we've been waiting for him to come out again. It's been over a week. And as much as I want my own shower back, what I really want is to know if this is a $200 problem or a $2000 problem. My Ebert mind can not handle not knowing.

Chocolate is calling my name....I think the scale is going to have to wait!





3 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

How have I missed so many of your posts? It has been fun catching up! I don't own a scale for that exact reason...

Oh, and I loved the Abbie story about the meatloaf being the grossest food ever, besides worms. Classic!

B said...

I love it when Abbey sings . . . oh how those Sacrament meetings are to be remembered. :)

If you need an excellent plumber that won't make you wait, call me and I will get you hooked up. He is extemely reasonable on his prices too.

Mona said...

the scale should never be used during the holidays. thats what new years resolutions are for, right?