This whole going to school routine has been a real bear to get used to. For the entirety of my motherhood up to this point most activities I planned around my day, my schedule, and my kids. Oh, things come up that were a little crazy to work with but they would only last a day or two, a week at most. This is a real shift for us.
It is a good thing I really like Abbie's school. Even if Savannah and I miss her like crazy.
Have you ever had a day that if it could go wrong it does? That was yesterday. I really hope we can only go up from there.
Chocolate chip zucchini bread.....mmmmmmmmmmmm. One very good thing about fall.
The high today is supposed to be 85. I am thrilled. It was actually a little cool when we left the house this morning. The overbearing heat has been killing me.
School lunch ideas? Pul-lease???????
Sorry, that is all the random I've got.
3 comments:
I totally agree that sending a child off to school means being tied completely to their schedule - departures/arrivals/early dismissals/afterschool activities/events/etc. You will forever now be tied to the school schedule! Great that you love the school she is at - you will adjust to the clock and be able to work in quite a bit more in a day too!
As far as lunches - a lot of times the kids have dinner left overs. Or I just put a portion aside for their lunches from dinner. This breaks the monotony of PB&J. For snacks: Orange slices, bananas, "homemade granola" (cereal, dried fruit, minimarshmellows, pretzels, goldfish, m&ms - whatever you have), the occasional homemade cookie that they helped make. (freeze portions from batch to surprise a week or two later). You'll get the hang of this too! Enjoy!
My Sienna loves Chicken Salad sandwiches! Then I throw in a fruit leather, some freeze dried fruit or veggies for a snack, a frozen gogurt (which un-freezes by lunchtime), some pretzels or goldfish, and a drink. Good luck!
I don't have any original lunch food ideas, but I do have a good tip. I make up a batch of sandwiches on Sunday and put them in the freezer. On school mornings I just pull one out. It is thawed by lunch and my mornings are a lot easier.
Post a Comment