Thursday, September 15, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

Yesterday I stuck my head into Abbie's classroom. After watching the kids recite a poem, the teacher told them that they were poetry ninjas.Then as a class they all proceeded to strike ninja poses (along with cool ninja sound effects). It made me want to go back to Kindergarten.

Savannah has her friend over playing. They both have pretty strong ideas about what they want to play, and it isn't the same thing. The drama that is three years old.

I have already bought the girls Halloween costumes. I have two sisters-in-law that make their children's Halloween costumes every year. I envy them, because their kids' costumes look adorable and have that special touch. I think that if I put my "special touch" on the girls Halloween costumes, they would refuse to wear them.

I am about to start the book The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, if you've read it, please let me know what you think. It sounds fascinating.

Why am I the only person in my family that thinks clean floors look nice? It reminds me of this letter.

3 comments:

JennyLynn said...

I love "the letter." It sounds like Abbie is having an awesome kindergarten experience.

The Woolf Pack said...

I love when teachers can make learning a fun experience and being a poetry ninja is definitely fun.

Becky said...

Love the poetry ninjas. (And that "letter" cracked me up.) Good job on costumes already too. You rock! I keep reminding myself that October is coming but it hasn't sunk in yet.