Russ's family, from what I understand, took many family drives when he was growing up. Never having had this tradition, I didn't quite understand the appeal (my siblings and I practiced all out warfare in the car). After going on such a drive this evening I'm beginning to catch the vision.
Abbie: (very seriously):" Mom, would it be okay if we flew in a rocket ship?"
Me: "A rocket ship?"
A:" Yeah, a rocket ship, would it be okay?.....Oh wait, you have to be an alien to fly in one?"
M: "You mean an astronaut?"
A: " Yeah an astronaut."
Later...
A: "I want to be a teacher when I grow up."
M: "That is great! You would be a great teacher because you are so fun and kind. I'm a teacher, and so is grandma."
A: "Yeah I want to be a teacher. Savannah, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Savannah: " A dog."
4 comments:
I was hoping that she would say that she wanted to be a ninja! I have very fond memories of family drives. Keep doing them, your kids will thank you!!
Cute! I love family drives! We did a lot of them when I was growing up... mostly 8 hour ones in my family! LOL We take short drives now! :)
LOL! That is so funny.
You have got to love it! :o)
Post a Comment