Friday, September 17, 2010

Rufus Rustis Johnston Brown

Yesterday the plan was to make chicken fajitas. But the best laid plans......

We have a half freezer in our garage that I use to fill with longer term storage items. I will buy frozen chicken in bulk when it is on sale and stock up. The freezer was about half full of frozen chicken.  No more, my friend, no more. When I went out the the garage and reached my hand in the bag, rather then picking up a firm piece of frozen chicken, my hand was encased in soft raw chicken slime.

I looked down. The light to indicate that the freezer was working was off. Upon further investigation I realized that the breaker had been flipped on that outlet (Go switch, flipper go!!!)

I had 30 pounds of raw chicken, that thankfully had not already gone bad, but would if I didn't do something soon.

Option 1 - Boil 30 pounds of chicken. Gag.

Option 2 - Grill 30 pounds of chicken on the good ol' George Foreman. I wonder how late into the night I could handle that!

Option 3 - Race over to my parents' house and spend the afternoon in 90 degree heat grilling the chicken on their grill in the backyard.

Thank heavens my mom was home.

So now I have A LOT of grilled chicken sitting in the freezer. The breaker has been flipped back to its original position and hopefully all is right with the world.

No fajitas were made.

1 comment:

The Steeds said...

You are so lucky that you found it before it was too late! And please don't mention having to grill in the 90 degree weather. You will not get any sympothy from me. None. :)