Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th on the Lake

Over the holiday weekend we went up to Bear Lake for some much needed R & R and time with my family. Thankfully it was the same time that my brother's family made their semi-annual pilgrimage to Utah so we were able to have everyone but my brother on his mission there.(We missed you Scotty!)  And we had A LOT of fun.

We arrived Thursday midday where Abbie, Savannah and my nieces adopted all of the bears that decorate my grandparent's cabin and cuddled them, taught them, and threw them over the balcony. In between four wheeler rides with grandparents, games of ping pong, lawn bowling,  and air hockey the bears became a running theme for the girls throughout the week.



Friday was our first day at the beach and unfortunately Savannah was not feeling well so I sat on the beach and the boat and held her all day. (I think she is getting her canine teeth and not having much fun with it.) As much fun as it is to be able to cuddle my baby for hours on end it did make for a long day at the beach. It was quite windy and a little cool but despite the uncooperative weather Abbie still played in the sand and Russ wakeboarded and all was right with the world.

The day ended with a nieces vs uncles water fight over the balcony. Considering the uncles were only defensively armed they did rather well for themselves.


Saturday we took a drive up Bloomington Canyon to a glacier lake. The canyon and lake are gorgeous and worth the drive. This lake is provided with a rope swing so that in 90 degree weather you can swing out and cool off. Unfortunately, my insane brothers' felt a need to swing off and swim into glacial waters in 60 degree cloudy weather. Sometimes I prefer not to claim those who have the need to push to insanity.Russ thankfully swung but didn't jump in. At least I married someone who isn't testosterone driven.

Sunday we went to church, played Bang, made an insanely good 4th of July cake, did crafts, and just relaxed around the cabin. Until volleyball. We were ready for an all out grudge match. Well, ready in the loosest sense of the word. Despite what you might know of my amazing athletic abilities, my family is well...about the same. I think we had only a handfull of volley's in the course of three games. Thankfully though, we did have a lot of fun.


Monday we were back at the beach, and while still windy the weather had warmed up considerably. With Savannah feeling better I was ready to go out and water-ski. Let me first note that I have only gotten up on water ski's twice and that was pre-children. (Every other time we've gone up boating at the lake I've either been pregnant or just had a baby.) Needless to say my attempts were less than successful, but I 'm glad I tried and want to try again. Russ on the other hand is a natural wakeboarder and was going crazy behind the boat. It is just like my dad has said Ebert's may not be talented but we marry talent.



6 comments:

Allison said...

It was an awesome weekend! I'm jealous about the weather on Monday. I would have liked to have been able to waterski, but there's no way I was getting in that water on Friday. My girls already miss yours. About the time we hit Boise they all freaked out because they realized they hadn't said goodbye to Abbie & Savannah. We don't see each other nearly enough.

B said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Glad you had a great time.

The Woolf Pack said...

We missed seeing you, but are glad you had such a fantastic vacation! I love that you played Bang, I need to teach my kids that game.

I love Abbie's outfit with the backwards hat, she and Zie have similar style.

Heather said...

sounds so fun. I love going to bear lake. We were there on Monday, too!

delagray said...

That's a fantabulous R&R. Wonderful pictures.

The Steeds said...

I am so glad that you had a fabulous time. I am really jealous of the wonderful temp. right now and would be very willing to even take Utah temps right now. Miss you. Take care.