Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Random Thoughts Wednesday

My kids were so dirty by 11:30 this morning that a bath was not a luxery. They were clean when they woke up. Aaaauugghh summer!

I made Curried Apple Pasta salad for my new recipe this week. Complete bust! It was from The Book. I must say that while almost all of the recipes from that book have been beyond amazing, I have not had good luck with their pasta salads.

Yesterday my girls went in for their annual well-child visits. They were testing Abbie's eyes and asking her to identify different shapes.  She called the heart an "I love you." I'm used to this but the nurse thought it was so cute. Am I the only mom who is a sucker when people think your kids are adorable? It makes up for the times when they aren't.

I'm reading The Three Weissman's of Westport. I give it three stars out of five. I just can't really develop empathy for the charecters, but I feel like I should. I feel like it is a good book that I should be enjoying more but just aren't able to.

Savannah was lucky to be alive at the end of church on Sunday.

I want to fix something delicious that is not unhealthy but tastes like it is, that wont over-heat my kitchen, and I have all the ingredients siting in my pantry......any ideas??? Please?

We went and walked around Silver Lake last Saturday (that is what these pictures are from). We saw a moose, but that wasn't nearly as interesting to the four and under crowd as the squirrels.

We are going camping this weekend and I haven't done more than think that maybe I should think about getting ready.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Hey, you should have waited until tomorrow so you could join my carnival thingy! Hmph, some sister-in-law you are! Okay, okay, just kidding. You blog when it works for you! :)

Oh, and I LOVE that top picture. It's amazing!

The Woolf Pack said...

I want to know the story behind Savannah on Sunday!:)

B said...

If you find that magical recipe that tastes like it isn't good for you but really is . . . I want in on that. :)

The Steeds said...

Call me-- want to know about Savannah and Sunday.