Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Happy Birthday !
Today is Savannah's birthday. She received a tricycle from mom and dad and a Tinkerbell bag from sister. All were big hits. When we went on a walk later today she couldn't quite reach the pedals on the tricycle but thankfully we got the kind with a handle for parents to push so all was well. We celebrated by taking both of the girls to Discovery Gateway. Abbie was so excited that during her rest time this afternoon she kept talking about it. I could hear her all the way downstairs. We don't go to DG often and it was fun to see them getting so creative in what they chose to do. Savannah wanted to play in the house and cook and take care of babies. Abbie enjoyed that but she also loved going shopping in the store and building with the big blocks and the crane. It is nice to have an excuse to spend some quality time as a family doing things that we don't normally do. Tonight Russ's mom is in town so we invited her, Cooper and Cambelle over for some cake. (Cake recipe to appear later...YUM!) The cousins always had fun together and Savannah thoroughly enjoyed being the center of attention.
Savannah is my sparkler. She knows what she wants, which is usually to follow her sister around, cuddle, be read to and be tickled. I have loved seeing how her and Abbie love and depend on each other. She wants to be where everyone else is and doing what they are doing. She has a wonderful sense of humor that has really started to develop over the last year and she gets so excited when she makes someone laugh. She loves to take care of baby dolls and pretend she is cooking. Along with Abbie, she is always wanting to make me some yummy concoction with the plastic food that litters our home. She loves stories and could sit for hours being read to if I had the stamina. I love my Savannah Banana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Well she makes me laugh all the time. I love to listen to her on Sundays, especially when she insists she get to say every prayer in Sacrament. Love it!
Happy Birthday Savannah! Glad that you had a great day. We miss you.
Love,
Spencer, Carter and Spencer's mom
I wish we could have joined you for her birthday! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us.
I heard your cake was delicious! Oh, and I made the double vanilla cupcakes for Myla's birthday and they were SO good.
happy (belated) birthday! It's so nice when they are little and you can keep things way simple. Sounds like a fun day. I've never been to the Discovery Museum, but we had passes to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden last year and my kids LOVED it.
Post a Comment