Friday, January 22, 2010

Random Thoughts Friday

I haven't done a random post for awhile, so in the spirit of true randomness here we go.


I have been working on www.blurb.com to print my blog into a book. It has been a lot of fun to go back reminisce the last few years, and it has made me much more committed to this form of journalling/scrapbooking/time wasting. The software they give you to format your book is maddening, but overall I am impressed.

This week we went to the aquarium. Bless the person who made the annual pass $26 for my family. This January gray weather has made it most necessary indeed.


Savannah's vocabulary never ceases to surprise me. She knows mom, dad, abbie, grandma, grandpa, shoe, all done, dog, cat, Elmo, Nemo, milk, hot dog, poopy, car, coat, up, boot, bear, bird, book, story, teeth, and zebra. I wonder what the randomness of this means about her life.

I am really enjoying my class this semester, although I wish people could be more civil toward different viewpoints. Sigh.

Last week my sister-in-law blogged about how she doesn't commemorate "firsts" in the life of her second daughter as well as she did with her first. I am feeling the same guilt.


Abbie has been using the word embarrassing (or 'barrassing') to express anger. For example. "Mom you are not being nice to me. It is so barrassing!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I see Savannah knows all the important words: hot dog, book, grandma, and poopy.

Chelle and Aaron said...

I made our blog a book on blurb a few months ago. I loved it and can't wait to do the rest of our years. It does make me much more motivated to post.

B said...

You have the cutest kids! They make me smile!

The Woolf Pack said...

Let me know how your blog book turns out, I want to do that to.

And let Abbie know that Dax thinks I'm "barrassing" when I sing!