Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Abbie Skiing Pictures

When we went skiing on Christmas Eve my brother was unable to ski with us, so he stayed at the bottom of the kiddie hill and took photos of all of the little girls making their way down the mountain. Now while this might not look like much to some, this man - I can't even remember his name - is my hero. He did what I lack the skill and the patience to do - help her love skiing. (Note I didn't say help her  ski, there is a difference, but she thinks she can ski and she likes to ski, and at three, that is what matters.)   I was so excited and proud of Abbie and can't wait for our next chance to go!  It is my dream that we can all go skiing as a family when they get older.







5 comments:

Ben and Lisa said...

So I looked at the pictures before I read the post and I totally thought that was Russ! I even thought to myself, "Huh, that's an interesting coat Russ is wearing. I don't think he owns a coat like that, but maybe he borrowed it." (Yes I seem to think I know Russ's wardrobe that well. I'm weird). Anyway, I am glad that Abbie she loved it. She probably skis as well as I do!

Russ said...

My coat would be way cooler.

The Steeds said...

We took Spencer skiing too this past holiday. I am glad that it was a pleasent experience and that Abbie enjoyed it.

B said...

She is already leaps and bounds ahead of me. I'm glad that she had a fabulous time!

The Woolf Pack said...

I am so excited that she loved it! I think we should do a family ski trip next year...