We have quite a few dolls around this house. We have stuffed animals of every variety. Quite a few bears. A cat and a dog. We have a stuffed Muppet - Abby Cadaby. We have five little baby dolls. You would think that with such a variety of lovedness to push around in a stroller, dress up in clothes, and take to the doctor, the only problem would be making sure that they all get the attention that they need. Not so my friend. Not so at all.
There is one doll that is well - the popular girl. But unlike the popular girls in my school growing up, she doesn't have exceptionally cute hair (she sports the trendy style all our dolls have of no hair.) She doesn't have beautiful eyes, although they do open and close, which is a nice feature. She is made entirely of plastic, while our other dolls have cloth bodies with plastic heads and appendages. I guess that inability to biodegrade is an attractive feature in baby dolls.
This doll - I believe her name is Baby Lexi, but it might be Baby Dakota these things are fluid around here - is the soul focus when she comes on the scene. Abbie and Savannah loose interest in any other play things and immediately begin an all out screaming, grabbing, crying yelling match over who gets to play with her. The poor baby doll was sent to time out today for causing such commotion.
The other odd feature about said baby is that Abbie prefers her to be clothed, while Savannah likes nudity. So each time one sister sneaks the doll away from her unsuspecting sibling, the doll is brought to me to be either clothed or stripped down to her birthday suit - until the sibling notices and the yelling begins again.
3 comments:
I couldn't stop laughing at this. I would love to be a fly on the wall during this "sister time". Dakota was reading this along with me & is extremely flattered that they would name a doll after him.
Oh, I know this all to well. Except it is cars. Love it, but I am sure that you hate it. :)
I had a thought on this issue. It won't help you at all, but it may shed some light. The fact that the baby is the least desirable in your eyes has nothing to do with the fact that one day one of the girls wanted it while the other one had it, and that somehow translated as "this is the doll that I have to want." As soon as one of them decideds it's not as good, soft, cuddly, cute, whatever as the other dolls, the drama will end.
Of course, then it will move on to something else. It never really ends.
Post a Comment