So if you've ever lived with me you know that I LOVE food! I think we all enjoy food but, I always seem to have comments made about me about my....exuberance...when it comes to culinary delights. Sadly, I never really cooked until I started staying home with Abbie.
So along those lines...I've found a new - and yummy recipe I am way too excited about. Probably because it is super easy, yummy, and cheap. I made this as a fancy alternative to grilled cheese on the spur of the moment and it was a BIG hit.
Chicken Pesto Panini's
Bread (Any kind will work but we bought some artisan bread at Costco - YUM!)
Chopped Chicken Breast
Pesto Sauce
Mozzarella cheese
So basically you put it all together, brush the outside with olive oil and put it on a panini press. Pretty basic but we don't have a panini press and didn't have Pesto sauce.
Here is where it gets easy. We discovered that you can use a George Foreman grill as a panini press. Roughly 2 and a half minutes for a sandwich. Second, we didn't have pesto sauce at the time so I made it - again super easy with stuff you probably have at your house.
Pesto Sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups fresh basil (Yeah right. I used 2-3 tablespoons of dried basil and it worked fine. Probably wouldn't work on a pasta but for sandwiches it was great.)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
You are supposed to mix it in a food processor, which I did the first time, but after that mixing it in a bowl worked fine and was less messy. Overall making the sauce and sandwiches took less than ten minutes!
6 comments:
I also love food very much! Thanks for the recipe! I will try it out!
That sounds so good! We are trying it out this weekend. We only have the Foreman grill also, so we now have something we will actually cook on it. If you want a yummy dessert panini recipe my friend gave me one, sounded simple and delightful!
So I used our Foreman grill last night to make a sandwich. I didn't use your recipe because I didn't have ANY of the ingredients, but I want to try it soon. I just used bread, a little mayo, turkey, swiss cheese, and a slice of tomato. It was SO yummy because it was melty, crispy, and warm. Thanks for the idea! All my sandwiches will be Foreman-ized from now on! (By the way, I hope you start feeling better!)
What a great idea. I use my indoor grill a ton. My MIL gave us a sandwich maker for Christmas. I bet that would work for this sandwich, too. I have to admit.... I had no idea what panini was until you described your recipe more. Sounds delicious! And one of the things that is so endearing about you is that you love food as much as I do.
Sounds yummy. We will have to try it.
Ooooh, sounds soooo yummy! Maybe I'll have to pull out our pathetic Foreman imitation grill and give it a shot. You know me - I'm always open for meal suggestions!
Post a Comment