Sunday, April 20, 2008

Six Months......and Painting

This blog post is in answer to a request from Jen to see a picture of me pregnant. I don't normally like to take pictures of me when I am looking my best - so taking pictures of me pregnant has an almost repulsive quality. Yet, in the back of my mind there is something about the need to have these things recorded for the baby when she is born that helps me to override my aversion and go forward.

Here I am six months pregnant with Gray baby two. I also got a new hairstyle a few weeks ago that I am actually enjoying (although you can't see it well in the picture.) It is the shortest I've ever had my hair so it was a big deal for a haircutting baby like myself.Russ says I have the Ebert problem of not being able to smile normally in pictures - as this picture clearly illustrates.


Now because I felt especially vulnerable posting this picture for all the world to see - I felt I needed to post something of Russ's for everyone to see- his latest painting. (This is not just so Russ can be embarrassed like me, but mostly because I think my husband is a talented artist who doesn't show off enough.)

This is a painting he did by request for his dad's friend and business partner Jess to give to his sister as a birthday present. It is of a family story about his father who taking his sister children for a ride on the tractor. This painting was especially challenging for Russ as he didn't have any photos to look at but I think it turned out amazingly well. I was told that Jess's sister cried when she saw the painting so I think we can safely say it was well received.

9 comments:

Chelle and Aaron said...

I am so glad you posted a photo of yourself, I haven't gotten to see you pregnant. You look beautiful and I LOVE the hair!

The Woolf Pack said...

First things first, Emily you look amazing. I wish I looked that tiny with Mackenzie. My belly ballooned right away! I am loving the hair. You have a great face shape, I think you should eventually go even shorter!! Thanks for sharing the prego picture with us, we were dying to see what you looked like! You are looking gorgeous, as always. And Russ, you are extremely talented. I love the painting! I am so glad that you are able to share your amazing talent and creativity with the world. We have been telling everyone about your amazingness (is that even a word?). We miss you guys!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on baby #2. That's so exciting. The painting is really awesome. We didn't know Russ was such an amazing artist.

Kelseybob said...

You look great! That picture Russ did is amazing!

Allison said...

Em, you'll be happy to know that my first thought on seeing the picture of you was, "Hey, her hair is different!" You look great! I love the hair and the belly! But I have to say that I agree with Russ that Eberts can't smile normally in pictures. What is it with you guys? ;)

That painting Russ did is amazing! He is so talented.

We were talking last night about how much we with you guys were up here! We got a new game and need you to play with us!

Heather said...

Okay, you look gorgeous woman! And I noticed the hair right away. So pretty on you. Way to go!
And you're husband IS talented! I love that painting. Given the history, I'd probably have cried too. Good job Russ! :O)

Kristen said...

Cute hair Emily! You look so good! I love the painting, too!

Amber said...

What a cute picture, I love seeing pictures of others pregnant (just not myself) That is such a neat painting, I didn't know he was such a great painter!

Anonymous said...

Russ, you are such a genius artist the tractor painting is gorgeous. Wow. I'm glad I finally got to see it.

Also, it was good to be able to visit w/ you and your family last weekend while your mom was here.