Monday, February 25, 2008

Our weekend Getaway

We spent last weekend up at my grandparent's cabin at Bear Lake. It was beautiful! Russ and I went cross country skiing on Saturday - at least in the morning. It killed my poor pregnant body. However it was SO fun - it always nice to be in the mountains with and spending time with your husband! We had a low key time the rest of the weekend just playing with Abbie and relaxing. On Sunday when we were coming home we ran into a couple of snow storms but nothing too serious - until we got to Park City.

In Park City the traffic completely stopped. It turns out that a semi had jack-knifed on the road completely blocking traffic. We were stuck in a truck for two hours with a 20 month old child - making the entire drive five hours. We don't have (and didn't think we needed) a portable DVD player or other entertainment as Abbie is usually fine in the car for the 3 hour drive. Needless to say by the time we got home I was far from feeling rested and relaxed from our wonderful weekend. I went to bed last night at 9:20.

4 comments:

Kelseybob said...

We have had trips like that. Just be glad you didn't have the baby that you had to feed during that trip too. :) Sounds like a great weekend except for the traffic. I' jealous because I can't go anywhere further than the grocery store. :)

delagray said...

I feel relaxed just reading about your trip. I'm impressed that you are still cross-country skiing. Well, the first part sounded relaxing. I'm so glad I didn't know you were traveling. This would have one worried Mom. Abbie, you're quite the trooper.

The Woolf Pack said...

What a great weekend (minus the horrendous car ride home!) Hopefully Abbie understood that sometimes things like this happen and it is okay to go ahead and take a 5 hour nap (like us adults would have wanted to). Okay I'm just kidding but wouldn't it be nice if you could reason with them like that?

Allison said...

I'm sooooo jealous of your relaxing weekend! If only...

Does it make me evil to admit that because I'm so jealous that you got to have a relaxing getaway with Grandma and Grandpa there to look after the little one, I'm laughing at you for the nightmare drive home? C'mon, you'd laugh at me, too, wouldn't you?