Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Misc. Abbie News





Well, I haven't posted much, either because we haven't done much or during the things we have done I've forgotten to bring my camera with me, but I'll give you some highlights of our fairly non-exciting lives.

Abbie loves books and has taken up starting to read them to herself when I'm not around. I usually don't know what she is saying (I only get about half of it normally) but she babbles through the books quite regularly. There are a few simple books though that she knows all the words and will read them quite accurately to me when we sit down together. It makes this book-addict mother proud.

In other news, Abbie runs like a girl. It is hilarious and I almost laugh out loud every time she runs down the hall (which is all day, every day). Her hands are up about shoulder height and she flaps them as she runs. At some point we will probably need to cure her of this but right now I get such a kick that I just want her to do it over and over.

Finally, Abbie's new favorite game is "Seek" or as you might know it "Hide and Seek". "Seek" begins with Abbie standing in our bedroom facing the wall counting. If Russ our I are there we count all the numbers, if it is just Abbie we get "4,5,6". Meanwhile Russ or I hide in one of the five spots available upstairs and Abbie starts to look for us over, and over again. When I was a kid, I hated being "it" but it seems to be Abbie's favorite position as she can't ever sit still long enough to hide. She gets SO excited when she finds us and immediately yells out "Again!" and the whole process begins, again!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not surprised at her love of books. What a great thing to teach her! She's such a cutie. I love those little quirks kids have that make us laugh. Before you know it, she'll be in middle school and still running funny! lol. :)

Ben and Lisa said...

I love that girl! Her little mind is constantly going like crazy, you can tell. You've definitely got a thinker on your hands. Perhaps with Cooper's brute strength and Abbie's amazing intellect, they together can take over the world!!!!

The Woolf Pack said...

Coop and Abbie will have to challenge Dax & Mackenzie for taking over the world, I am pretty sure they think that they have it! Just Kidding! Abbie is a darling! With her pigtails she reminded me of a picture of either Lisa or I when we were that age. Tell Abbie that she and Mackenzie have the reading thing in common. I love that they love books! Oh, and tell Russ if he has any request we can post them in case he has to work late again and needs some music!!! (Although I hope he doesn't have to work late) :)

Allison said...

Hide and seek is currently Ellie's favorite game, too, but she, unlike Abbie, prefers to hide (and is surprisingly good at it!) So next time we're down there or you guys are up here, the two of them can play to their hearts' content!