The vacation started with pranks on and from Grandma and Grandpa. This has been going on for years. Every time the girls came down pranking ensued. Abbie has joined a little bit, but this year they both really went to town. It all started with my dad (because of course it did.) and toothpaste filled Oreo cookies. Later the girls sprayed him with the hose.
Savannah: "Grandpa, eat this apple. It is poisoned."
Grandpa: (playing along) "Okay"
Grandpa takes a bite of the apple.
Savannah: "Ha! I got you. It really isn't poisoned!"
After a day of pulling pranks on one another we headed up the canyon where it wasn't 100 degrees. The kids all had a blast climbing on the rocks, having grandpa find a fake snake, reading in the tent during a cloudburst, playing in the dirt and, as is tradition in my family, going on a hike to the lollipop tree.
That evening we got to have a special good-bye dinner for the kids and their Grandpa Gray and Grandma Petra. Grandma and Grandpa are headed off on a mission to the Czech Republic for two years and we really wanted to give them some more individual time with them before they did.
Fireworks....does anything more need to be said. Yes, it does because Nathan was so amazed and impressed with every. single. firework. He LOVED it. I'm afraid he'll turn into quite the pyromaniac when he gets older.
Saturday the fun just kept on coming. We went out to breakfast with my parents and then off to a local theater to watch the Broadway show Mary Poppins. My favorite part was watching the girls' reactions throughout the show. It was magic.
The fun didn't stop there! (I know it just keeps on coming doesn't it?) After the show my parents took all the grandkids and Russ and I got to go out on a real actual date. We spent a few hours shopping and then we met up with his siblings and dad and step-mom for an adults only good bye dinner. We had a wonderful time but will miss Lee and Petra while they are gone.
The fun continues to role on! I'll post more when I get the chance!







No comments:
Post a Comment