Sunday, July 20, 2014

Too Much Fun

Honestly we have been playing too much this week. Hiking with friends for Savannah's birthday day, double playdates, swimming. We've been go, go, go. Then Saturday we out did ourselves.

I got up first thing and went for a bike ride. I've been working on hills and so I rode 3/4th the way up the canyon right by our house. I kicked butt. (Okay, I was probably the slowest rider going up the canyon, but I did it.) I am not athletic or competitive but I was really, really, proud of myself.

Russ met me at the top so I didn't put my life in my hands for a ride down the canyon, and then we decided to take our family kayaking. Since we bought a kayak last year we have loved taking the kids but we haven't had a great location.

Thankfully, that changed Saturday.

We had a blast rowing, and playing in the alpine lake. It was exactly what kayaking should be. We will definitely be coming here again.



 





That is after I have about three days to recover. I was asleep by 10:00 awake at 7:30 and I am still exhausted.

No comments: