Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Savannah!

For Savannah's sixth birthday, I'm going to share six things I love about her.



1. I love that Savannah knows how to work hard. Already at this age she wants to do the difficult things first to get them done so she can truly enjoy the fun things.   She works hard at reading, piano, and her jobs and she accomplishes so much when she does. She even gets frustrated with me if I ask her to put off getting something accomplished because she just wants to get it done. Especially with piano and reading she has also had the opportunity to experience the joy of accomplishment that comes after hard work. When she masters a piano piece or reads especially well, she is so happy at what she has been able to achieve. I feel like this is such an important life skill that Savannah just seems to understand innately.



2. I love how friendly Savannah is. Savannah has so many friends in the neighborhood. She loves playing anything with any of them. She looks out for people to make sure that they are included and helps her friends solve problems as they arise.

3. I love that Savannah loves animals and nature. Every time I turn around she has a new favorite animal or new fun fact about different animals. (Some of this is thanks to PBS Kids.) She is regularly looking at different kinds of bugs and catching those she can. She has a great appreciation for the world around her and its magnificence.


4. I love Savannah's desire to do the right thing. She always wants to be on task at school or in whatever class she takes. She sincerely wants to make good choices and always seeks to do so. She just has a desire for goodness in her.

5. I love Savannah's imagination. This year Savannah decided to make a paper house. She got a thick stack of paper and drew on some to make floor and walls. Each room was designed to match a room in our house. She had the most amazing details on each paper to designate it as the proper wall. The walls and floors were connected with tape. Tape also joined the rooms together. The creation was large and time consuming to build. This is just one of the many things that have come out of her head that were amazing and very impressive. She really knows how to think outside the box in so many ways.



6. I love Savannah's joy. Savannah is just a happy girl. She is content most of the time and is always seeking out a way to have fun or play. In fact her daily prayer is to have a fun time. She just brings joy wherever she goes.









1 comment:

The Woolf Pack said...

She is such a sweetheart! I wish we lived closer, but it has been so fun getting to know her better each time we visit.
BTW, I just have to say that the picture of Nathan frowning is priceless! You have to make sure that is hanging somewhere in your house.