I am just starting to be able to recover from getting ready for Abbie's baptism, house guests, and Girls Camp all with in the last 10 days. I laid down to take a 40 minute nap this afternoon, and woke up an hour and a half later.
I feel like now summer with my family can officially begin, where I can focus on fun and my kids. I'm really looking forward to it.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy got quoted in church today. Twice. It was pretty awesome.
Being at girls camp made me realize I'm not ready to be a parent of teenagers. Mostly because I value sleep.
Savannah was drawing a maze during sacrament meeting today. One path led to Jesus the other to "Satin" along the path to "Satin" were "smokg" and "alcohl." We have had very few discussions about the word of wisdom but it is interesting to me how she interpreted the few that we have had. I wish I had a way of understanding what my girls actually took out of all discussions we have.
Savannah has finally found a book that she enjoys reading. I'm thrilled. She so badly wanted to enjoy reading Junie B, but it is way above her level. Thankfully, The Biggest Bear fits the bill.
Nathan did not miss me at all while I was away. He is such a little daddy's boy. If anything we are needing to create situations where he can be around me and not think that my sole purpose is to destroy his life by keeping him away from Russ. It is not working so well.
It is always good to have times when you miss your kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment