Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Abbie!

For Abbie's eighth birthday I am going to share eight things I love about her.

1. I love Abbie's integrity. She received an award at school earlier this year about being trustworthy, but it is only a reflection of what I already know about her. Abbie will always do what she says, and do what she should be doing. She is very aware of right and wrong and has a deep desire to choose the right. This characteristic is not something I have taught her, it is something she came with. Abbie chose to be baptized, and she was lucky enough to get to be baptized on her birthday. I have been praying that the spirit would be poured out during the baptism and my prayers were answered. Despite a mishap with the font, (I went over early to fill it up, and forgot to put the plug in. When Russ showed up 40 minutes before to set up chairs there was no water in the font.) I felt a powerful spirit throughout the meeting and confirmation. I know the Lord knows Abbie and loves her for the integrity of her heart as well.


2. I love Abbie's courage. Abbie has worked so hard this year at facing her fears. She has had to deal with her worries and not let them stop her from doing the things that she loves, even when things become difficult. Abbie had her piano recital today. (It was a busy day.) She has never gone up in front of so  many people alone and played, but she did it, and played all three of her songs beautifully. I was so very proud of her. Abbie is very honest about the things that worry her but she stands up to them and goes forward, which to me is the definition of courage.

3. I love how much Abbie loves music. Abbie has been in the school choir as well as her piano lessons. Abbie hums, sings or whistles almost all the time.  I had to be forced to practice as I grew up but Abbie honestly loves it, and she has a wonderful natural ear. For her recital she played Night Music by Mozart, Computer, and Fur Elise by Beethoven, all memorized. Memorization comes easily to Abbie, she almost always has it as she is learning the song. Music for Abbie is a wonderful gift that I love to see her develop.

4. I love Abbie's creativity.  Creativity has poured out of Abbie from the time she was small. Whether she expresses it artistically or when she problem solves she is always looking at the world and seeing the color, light and the beauty, seeing things in a different way. She has been taking art this year and has developed this talent so very well.

5. I love how sensitive Abbie is. Things have been a little crazy lately and Abbie can always pick up when I'm stressed. Lately she'll say things like, "Its okay mom," or "How can I help?" She is really in tune to the emotions of others and it is such a blessing that she lifts them to another plane.

6. I love how much Abbie likes to have fun. Abbie likes creating riddles. She likes jumping out and scaring people. She likes being silly and goofy. Abbie brings joy and passion to whatever project she is involved in and makes everyone around her happy.

7. I love Abbie's sense of adventure. She has developed I love for hiking. She loves to be fast and crazy. She is learning to rollarblade and loves it. She told me she wants to try soccer. Abbie wants to explore all things new and it is fun to see her experience the world.


8. I love Abbie's smile.








No comments: