Thursday, May 30, 2013

Random Thoughts Thursday

This year of sickness has continued in our home. This week...stomach flu. Abbie is the only one to escape scott free.

School lets out for the summer next week. I'm getting excited for all the fun I have planned for the kids. Visiting a cave, hiking, kayaking, backyard camping, baking. Gotta love summer.

This weekend I'm participating in the Little Red Riding Hood bike ride up in Logan, UT. I had signed  -up to do 50 miles but my knee and the doctor have nipped that in the bud to 36. It will still be fun though.

It makes me feel like I'm doing something right as a parent that my girls like The Beatles We were listening to, "All You Need is Love" as we were drive home from Costco today.

Savannah: That's not true! You need more than love.
Mom: What else do you need?
S: A heart!

Abbie's school choir had their end of year concert this week. She could not have been more proud of herself singing all these great songs from the movies. Me, I'm turning into the sappy mom who gets teary when she starts singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Russ is doing something right as a parent because Savannah knows the name of almost all the Star Wars characters from all three movies.


3 comments:

Allison said...

It doesn't matter whose kids they are and whether I know any of them or not, but if a large group of children sing all together I'm bound to shed a tear or two. And if they sing something like Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I'm done for.

And yes, you guys are for sure doing things right. It's all about priorities, really.

The Woolf Pack said...

I always love your posts...:)

B said...

It was a really fun ride! I am so glad I got to go with you and we got to spend some time together. :)