Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Thoughts Thursday

This morning I got up early and went for a bike ride, gardened for an hour and a half, and made pie dough.

This afternoon, I slept, and slept and slept.

I'm in the process of signing my girls up for extra-curricular activities for the summer. In typical me fashion, I put a lot of weight on these classes. They might help them develop their talents, become part of their identity, or help in their career path. Or if I choose the wrong one, they might be fodder for discussions to their therapist. No pressure. (Can anyone else see the Ebert in this, or is it just me?)


Tomorrow I'm going to make strawberry rhubarb pie. I'm kind of excited. I've never had it before, but we have a big rhubarb plant in our backyard and it seems a shame to waste it.

As I was gardening this morning my neighbor stopped by. He handed me an envelope. He said the mail man must have dropped it on his lawn. This man is one of the handful of neighbors we know, but not our next door neighbor. The mail man dropped it on his lawn. If this were junk mail that would be one thing but it was a check that we've been waiting for! I've heard several neighbors complain about this particular mailman and I'm afraid I'm queuing up right behind them.

Mr. Bean + Seinfeld - Elaine - Kramer - George + Cornwall = Doc Martin.  Mine and Russ's new favorite show. (Behind Call the Midwife, but that is just my favorite.)

Nathan had a follow up for his ear tubes yesterday. He might need another surgery to take his adnoids out. (Considering he has had two, yes two, ear infections in the last six weeks since the surgery.) Let's go for four surgery's in one year now shall we?

And his hearing test in his left ear came back inconclusive.


This has, however been the first year in..well..ever that I've been very, very grateful for health insurance.





1 comment:

The Woolf Pack said...

Holy Moly, that is a lot of ear infections. Poor kid. Hopefully the surgery will help.

For how much you got done, your knee must be feeling great!